Thursday, March 7, 2019

I never said I was deep


These past few days I received two wedding invitation from my close friends back in uni life. The surreal feeling that your friends are getting married - embarking a new phase in life. By taking the next step, it directly means that they are leaving you behind. Far behind and low. 

It took me a couple of days to finally accept the fact. It was kinda hard to believe it as one of them is my close close close friend and never in my mind, I imagined she getting married. Well, I thought she never had that thought. I thought she's comfortable in her position right now - a free-spirited single woman who spends most of her weekends enjoying nature. Maybe, just maybe with all those hiking activities, it somehow helped her in collecting courage to take the next step. To be on the highest peak and re-evaluating life. 
-
-
I guess so.

It hit me really hard. 26 is a big number. But I purposely put 30 as a "flag off" time of my life - to finally sit down and plan what to do and so. 

Oh boy, we are getting older. The idea of achieving a perfect life, family, career is so near. To have a place or someone you can call as home, it's surreal. 

One thing that hit me so hard is that my circle of friends is getting smaller. No more late night text saying "bro, I'm around your place. Let's have a drink." or "what's your plan this week? Let's lepak makan banana leaf rice." 

At the end of the day, everyone will go back to their house and be with someone who they shared the promises with - to live and die together. To cherish and love together.